Stephanie Smith, 35, has a little child named Isaiah. At the time when the little gentleman is born, she couldn’t be happier. After a while she noticed something weird on her infant’s skin, and the tiny child’s life changes into a nightmare.
A red rash came out on Isaiah’s skin when he was only 3 months old. Each time when he is exposed to perfume or other exceptional scents, the rash turns to be more awful. It gets so awful that Isaiah’s skin bursts and starts to bleed and release.
His doctor thoughts that Isaiah has a bad instance of eczema. So they gave him a steroidal topical treatment. At first the rashes start to retreat, however then another bad dream appears:
Isaiah’s whole body turns red and the rashes return worse than before. The little boy needs more treatment to tame the serious sores. But, it’s the same story we told you before.
The rash retreats a little but then became even worse. The doctors’ couldn’t explain the reaction. His hair starts to fall out and he was barely active.
“His doctors said it was just eczema,” says the mother Stephanie. “Numerous doctors came in and out of the room. We went to a GI doctor who told me that I was poisoning my son with my breastmilk and I needed to stop straightaway.”
Isaiah was struck by an especially extreme outbreak after 5 months and his skin begins to burst open. He was brought to a hospital and treated heavily with steroids. His skin became normal again, and after 2 days the rash returns. He was screaming constantly.
Stephanie begins to avoid everyday life experiences to help Isaiah and to decrease the risk of infection. She was wrapping Isaiah in medical bandages and put on layer after layer of current treatment. Even his hands has to be wrapped up so that he cannot scratch himself while he was sleeping.
Isaiah only feels better while he was in water, so Stephanie spends hours and hours sitting next to him while he rests in the sink. This was the only place where Isaiah was not crying.
“Every time when his skin came in contact with my skin it would break open and would start discharging like crazy. I couldn’t even touch my baby with my cheek against his,” says Stephanie who couldn’t hag her son or hold him unwrapped. “He was always screaming and in pain, and I was always crying.”
“It was like he had no skin, he was constantly in pain and one time it was so bad that I thought: if this is his life, then take him to the next one.” says Stephanie.
In the throes of distress as the specialists said they couldn’t help her child, she swung to the internet. On one forum she discovered a post about “Steroid withdrawal” and sees pictures of kids with the same issues. Shortly she understands what Isaiah’s issue was.
“There they were discussing the symptoms of the steroids and how it could exacerbate skin issues when you quit taking them.”
Stephanie decides to stop with her son’s steroidal treatment and to make her own lotions and creams, designed to be as gentle to Isaiah’s skin as possible.
A mixture of lemon grass and zinc was the best. Shortly, Isaiah’s skin began to grow spots completely free of irritation.
Also Isaiah noticed what was stopping his pain: when his skin start to itch, he would run to his mother and point to the treatment.
After 10 months without steroids Isaiah’s skin become normal. Now he is a completely normal one year old boy. “We went to 35 doctors and they all said it was eczema. I like to show them the pictures where Isaiah’s skin has recovered.”
And the best is: the boy, that no one could touch, is now happy and can walk around and play outside. “We have lost the first year of his life. I couldn’t even kiss him or hold him to my hands” says Stephanie sad by the memories. “But, now we can hold him all the time. He loves to hug!”
Stephanie says, and only she can, what happened to her son. She said this story because it could possibly help other mothers whose kids are also having the same problem. That’s why you should to SHARE this story with others. Maybe it will help to another child and a worried mother.
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!