After ‘Botched Tattoo Treatment,’ Woman Shares Pictures Of Her Eyebrows

Those of you who have regrettable tattoos may be comforted by the tattoo debacle suffered by a Melbourne mother. Amanda Coates went into a tattoo parlour to get an eyebrow treatment, and came out with no eyebrows at all and some wicked scars.

Coates arranged to have a “microblading” treatment and was initially satisfied with the results. However, a day after her treatment, the skin over her eyebrows started to hurt and scar. Although Coates went to the doctor frequently, the scarring continued to get worse, as did the pain.

Coats tried to get in touch with the salon to inform them about the infection, but her attempts were ignored. Frustrated with her treatment failure and the salon’s response, Coates put the tattooing fail on Facebook, in a post that later went viral. She blamed her aesthetician for causing the painful infection through insufficient cleanliness.
Microblading is a special form of tattooing that claims to provide semi-permanent, natural-looking eyebrow definition.

In it, each hair is tattooed on separately in a process that takes two hours or more.

 

At its best, microblading gives the look of filled-in eyebrows without the hassle.

At its worst? Well, usually the worst thing that can happen is an unnatural-looking brow.

This is the unfortunate result of Coates’ microblading treatment. Coates is currently on antibiotics for the infection and steroids for the swelling, and is still visiting the doctor “once every two days.”

Her skin has started to peel, and she believes that the botched tattooing job will leave permanent scars.

The clinic has denied that the infection was their fault, claiming that Coates didn’t try to contact them until two weeks after the accident and that the infection was most likely due to poor aftercare.

Coates’ story might not persuade you to avoid microblading altogether. But hopefully, it highlights the importance of doing your research. Make sure you get your tattoos done somewhere safe and clean!