Toothpaste plays a significant role in people’s everyday lives. We use it at least twice a day to make sure our teeth are white and our breath is minty fresh. It comes in different flavors and for people with different needs.
But what if I told you toothpaste can do much more than benefit your oral hygiene? Pretty crazy, right? People started using it for pimples by putting it on before bed to dry up those annoying zits while you sleep.
Pimple cream isn’t the only thing toothpaste is used for. There is a whole bunch of things it can do and we’re about to tell you a few of those things. Here are 8 toothpaste hacks that’ll make your life better.
1. Have an annoying stain on your favorite shirt that just won’t go? Toothpaste’s got you covered with grass, lipstick and ink stains.
Simply put a lot of toothpaste wherever the stain is, fold the fabric over and brush vigorously. Then rinse with warm water.
2. Fingerprints on your phone can be annoying. If you don’t have a cloth on you to clean it properly, just put a bit of toothpaste on your screen. Then rub it off with a tissue.
Toothpaste can also help with scratches on your phone screen. Put a small dab on the scratch and smooth it over. It won’t make the crack disappear, but it will seal it up and smooth it down.
3. Need to have your jewelry polished? Toothpaste can help you with that too. It can clean anything from gold to silver to your diamond ring.
Simply just get an old damp toothbrush, add a little bit of toothpaste and lightly scrub. Then wash it off with some warm water. It’ll shine.
4. Do you have kids that love taking marker and drawing on the walls of your house? Don’t worry, toothpaste can totally help you out.
Just dampen a cloth, add toothpaste and start scrubbing. It should remove the art piece your kid made quick and easy.
5. Carpet stains are probably what a lot of people get most frustrated about. Finding the right stuff to remove it can be annoying.
Try putting toothpaste on the stain and grab a sponge or a cloth and start scrubbing. After, rinse it out with clear water and don’t vacuum on the area until it’s completely dry.
6. Toothpaste doesn’t only work for giving you good breath, it can also make your car smell minty fresh. Don’t believe us? Try it!
Simply put a quarter sized amount of toothpaste in paper towel and fold it. Leave this somewhere in your car and eventually the sodium bicarbonate will make your entire car smell amazing.
7. Dealing with foggy mirrors after a shower can be pretty irritating. Especially when you have to take the time and rub the mirror to defog it.
Rubbing toothpaste on your mirror before you step into the shower and cleaning it off with a wet cloth prevents your mirror from fogging up during those hot showers.
8. Having your dog get into a fight with a skunk can be bad, but the process of eliminating the smell can be worse. Especially when tomato juice fails.
Just wet down your dog’s coat with water and rub some toothpaste for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, just rinse him off with some water and your dog will be minty fresh.