Anyone who has been in a long-term relationship can tell you that it takes sacrifice, patience, and lots of love to make it work. Sometimes, they can be odd, but this comic artist perfectly illustrates what it’s like with her long-term relationship comics.
The artist we’re speaking about is Sarah Graley, a comic illustrator from the United Kingdom, who has dazzled millions with her comics about life and all its quirks. One of her recent publications includes the Rick and Morty: Lil’ Poopy Superstar comics which has become an instant hit.
This latest series featured on her website, superadventure.com outline perfectly what it’s like to spend a great deal of time with someone with her long-term relationship comics.
Sarah Graley can be seen here in an Instagram post with her partner Stef who is a comic book illustrator himself. Together the two travel to varying comic book conventions to meet their fans and sign artwork. The following 15 comics showcase what it’s really like to live in a long-term relationship with another person.
1) The Fart Talk: Every couple who has been together for a long period of time talks about the time when they first farted around each other. If you’re in a heterosexual relationship, chances are it’ll be the guy who farts in front of his girlfriend first. In this case, well, you’ll have to just read the comic to see.
2) Animal Jokes: Here Stef and Sarah exchange in a silly back and forth about their pet Pesto, where Stef is explaining his disappointment that Pesto ran away from him. Here Sarah offers her condolences.
3) Tolerating Habits: Sometimes we do things that might upset our partner in a long-term relationship. However, it’s always a true testament to love and loyalty when they seem to tolerate the small silly bad habits we have.
4) Getting On Each Other Nerves: Being in close proximity to another person for an extended period of time will always inevitably make you get on each other’s nerves.
5) Baby Planning: Sometimes as couples who have been together for a long time, babies become a topic that you’ll eventually want to bridge at some point. Just, maybe not like this.
6) The Whole Bed: If you or your partner have varying schedules, you always learn to appreciate having the entire bed when your partner gets up to leave. Having someone to share your bed with is nice, but so is getting the entire bed to yourself.
7) Ludicrous Dreams: On occasion, you and your partner will plan out a ridiculous, fantastical future that hopefully will never come into existence, for although humorous, the notion of it becoming a reality is absolutely preposterous.
8) Fun With Pets: If you’ve been in a relationship with another person for a long time, chances are you share a pet together, perhaps even a few. Often you share ridiculous mutual experiences like Stef and Sarah here.
9) Encourage Each Other: Sometimes we fantasize about being lazy, but having a partner around to encourage us to be productive members of society is a great thing.
10) Mild Teasing Is Commonplace: When you’ve been with a person for long enough, you begin to learn what pushes their buttons. Sometimes this is actually a good thing. Keeping things fresh with playful banter is a great thing so long as love is the most important thing.
11) After A While You Become The Same Person: Being with someone long enough, you begin to take on some of their mannerisms and even parts of their personality. This is to be expected in any long-term relationship. In rare circumstances, you begin to even look like the other person!
12) Being Silly Together: Breaking with convention, it’s really okay to be silly together with your partner. In fact, it’s encouraged!
13) Falling Asleep Before Your Partner: It’s known fact that if you both start watching a movie at night, one of you will fall asleep during this time. It just happens. Sarah illustrates this perfectly here.
14) Pooping Is No Longer Taboo: When you’ve been with someone long enough, you get to know all of their habits. You even have full silly conversations about your bowel movements.
15) Laugh A Lot: The most important part of any healthy relationship is to always laugh together. Couples that laugh together stay together! Hopefully, these comics helped along the way.