Kiss from Boyfriend Leaves Girl Dead in Minutes, Mom Knows the Two Reasons She Died

Micheline Ducre was another normal mother to a beautiful daughter when one midnight in October 2012, she received the dreaded phone call that her daughter Myriam Ducré-Lemay  had been rushed to hospital and they were not sure if she would make it.

Micheline was horrified to hear the faith of the circumstances which led to her daughter’s final few hours on this fatal October night. She now hopes that by sharing this story, it will prevent other families from suffering the same ultimate faith.

Myriam, was a young, beautiful, full of life young woman and had everything to live for, she had recently met a new love interest and was spending some time with him and she had already told her mother that she was in love. She and her new boyfriend were at his home when he decided to make a quick snack before going to bed.

The couple shared several goodnight kisses when Myriam began to feel odd, having trouble breathing. She reached for her asthmatic inhaler, but it didn’t relieve the suffocating feeling in her chest.

Frantically, Myriam turned to her boyfriend inquiring whether he had eaten something with peanuts. He answered yes, he had a quick peanut butter sandwich and  immediately Myriam told him to dial 911.

It took the ambulance eight minutes to arrive but when the arrived, Myriam was already unconscious. “Unfortunately, she wouldn’t have had the time to tell him she had a peanut allergy,” Ducré expressed.

Unfortunately, nothing could revive Myriam. Oxygen could not get to her brain for too long of a period and she passed away.

Myriam’s mother gathered the strength and courage years later to share her daughter’s story. She believes firmly in two things that could of stopped her daughter from dying that night and they are a medic alert bracelet and her Epipen.

If she’d worn a bracelet, Myriam’s boyfriend undoubtedly would have asked her why. But the relationship was new, and he hadn’t a clue that his sweet girlfriend had such a severe allergy.

“Your departure, as hasty and tragic as it may be, has not been in vain,” Ducré wrote on Facebook. “It is imperative that information [and awareness] continue to circulate again and again in order to save lives.”

Head of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Montreal Children’s Hospital Dr. Christine McCusker implores people with food allergies to be upfront with everyone in order to protect themselves. “You have to say, ‘Listen, guys, I have food allergies, I have my EpiPen. If there’s a problem, help me.‘”

It may not be popular or stylish to wear a medical bracelet and tote an EpiPen around, but really, who cares? And if you are with a person who wears a medical bracelet, Ducré implores, ask why, even if the question feels awkward.

“Share to save lives,” Ducré wrote. “Be well informed to be well protected!”