For the girl who is looking, beauty secrets are actually not that hard to find.
Whether it’s DIYs, wallet-friendly solutions or new tricks to add to your beauty routine to make you feel your best, the options are endless.
We’ve collected some of the best tips and tricks shared by beauty gurus and DIY masters on Instagram, from hair hacks to insider beauty secrets. How many will you try?
1. Not only does this makeup artist make winged liner look like a breeze, but she also shares an insider beauty secret to getting more prominent bottom lashes – fake them! The woman in the video uses her eyeliner on her top lid and then proceeds to draw on her bottom lashes. Sometimes mascara just doesn’t cut it!
2. It seems a little out of the ordinary, but creating a full hairline can really add to a slicked-back look. This beauty hack says to use eyeshadow close to your hair color to fill in more sparse areas, even making the hairline come down a little further on the forehead.
3. This simple makeup trick can make a huge difference to your eyes. If you’re looking to make your eyes look sultry and a little smaller, apply dark liner to both your top and bottom lids. But if you want to make your eyes appear bigger and more open, it’s actually better not to line them too much. Try using a lighter eyeliner on your top lid, or softening it out with eyeshadow. If you really want to make your eyes appear bigger, try using white eyeliner along your water line. This will really accentuate the whites of your eyes and make them appear more open
4. This hair hack is a DIY you can easily put together at home; all you need is a stretchy headband. This Instagram user recommends drying and straightening your hair first, then wrapping it up in sections around the headband while your hair is still warm. Keep it in overnight and wake up to fresh, easy curls, only fixing any pieces if necessary.
So I tried this hair band curl thing, dried and straightened my hair or its wild especially with the extensions in….then whilst it was still warm from that I got a normal stretchy headband (it’s a boots no.7 towelling one so it’s quite thick) and wrapped my hair round in sections like the demo on the aurora band page. Those ones have Velcro bits on and obviously this doesn’t but it worked well and stayed in place from 8pm to 7am and I just pulled it out a section at a time and re-blew my fringe et voila #hairbandcurls #readyforwork #lazy #easycurls #whatdoyouthink 💁🏼
5. It happens to the best of us. We all have that favorite bra we’re not willing to part with, even when we’ve worn and washed it so many times the underwire starts to poke through. This Instagram hack offers an easy solution to keep that bra lasting a little longer. All you need to buy (or find around the house) is some pain relief sheets with padding, cut a piece and apply over the wiring.
Tag a friend that should try this❤👇 #funfacts #fashionhacks #diy #retro #clothestips #clotheshack #hadmidow #upcycle #tht #tophattips #diytips #redo #refashion #outfit #idea #ideas #createit #trends #shop #nosew #shopping #howto #usedclothes #doityourself #reuse #how2 #diyclothes #lifehacks #brahacks #bra www.hadmidow.com www.pinterest.com/hadmidow/ By onegoodthingbyjillee
6. Do you need a new lip color but don’t want to dish out the money for it? Here’s another DIY hack that will save you from going out and buying another lipstick. All you need is to take an eyeshadow you think would make a great lip color, mix in some vaseline and you’re done! Use your finger or a lip brush to apply.
7. There’s nothing more frustrating than desperately wanting to tie your hair back and realizing you don’t have an elastic. This Instagram user shares an incredible trick to putting your hair in a braid – no elastic necessary! The best part is the result is actually pretty and wearable.
8. Mascara can be both a blessing and a curse. Although it makes our lashes look fuller, longer and bolder, it also has a very annoying tendency of ending up on a lot more than our lashes. We all know how frustrating it is to be applying mascara and having it end up on our top and bottom lids. But with this very accessible household item, you won’t have to worry about getting mascara all over your eyelids anymore! All you need is a spoon (yes, you read that right, a spoon) and use it to shield your top or bottom lid from getting hit with excess mascara. Voila! Perfect lashes without the cleanup.
A helpful tip to achieving the perfect lashes: use a plastic spoon under your bottom lashes when applying mascara. This prevents the mascara from transferring onto your skin, & also makes for a better, fuller look! #makeuptips#makeup#makeuphelp#skin#skincare#eyemakeup#mascara#mascarahelp#spoontrick#makeupguru#guru#beauty#diybeauty#beautytips
9. Washing your makeup brushes can be a tedious task that many makeup lovers avoid. But making sure your brushes are clean is important for more reasons than you think. Not only does it help prevent acne or angry breakouts, it allows for a better color application, keeps your brushes feeling soft, avoids unwanted germs and even helps your brushes last longer! The best part is you don’t have to go out and buy expensive cleaners. This Instagram user shows an easy beauty hack to getting your brushes clean. All you need is olive oil and some dish soap!
10. Coffee is good in more ways than one! Not only does it provide us with fuel to get us through even the toughest of days, but it can make an excellent scrub for your skin! Coffee scrubs have several benefits including exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties and improved circulation. It can also be used to temporarily reduce cellulite, alleviate eye puffiness, and help smooth out skin. Ingredients vary and there are several different ways to make a DIY coffee scrub but common coffee scrub recipes include coconut oil, raw sugar and of course, coffee grounds.
💋Với Duhu Coffee Scrub, tẩy tế bào chết, làm giảm rạn da, giúp da săn chắc, mịn màng… chưa bao giờ dễ dàng như thế. . 💋Nàng nào cần thêm thông tin gì cứ inbox/ viber/zalo: 090 788 1519 – 01203051516 tụi tớ nghe liền nheee ❤️ . . . . #duhuscrub #duhucoffee #coffee #bodyscrub #cofeescrub #taytebaochet #weekend
11. Mascara is a staple beauty product but it’s not always the most predictable and definitely not the longest lasting. If you notice the consistency of your mascara has begun to change (an easy sign that lets us know it’s going bad) this beauty hack will help stretch it out a little longer. All you have to do is add a few drops of oil to your mascara tube!
Is your mascara feeling dry or you just want to stretch out the last bit of it left before buying more? Add a drop or two of your favorite oil to bring it back to life and stretch it out until you’re ready to pick up more!💧 #beautyhack #lifehack #makeuphack #makeuptips #makeuptricks #tipsandtricks #beautyblogger #beautyjunkie #makeupqueen #makeupaddict #makeup #cosmetics #mascara #tricks #hacks #stretchyourdollar #jojobaoil #coconutoil #maracuja #makeupsecrets
12. Beauty secrets are a great way to save money. Not only can they be used to help stretch out our favorite products, but they can also help us to create our own! Why spend money on a makeup bag or a makeup brush roll when you can make this one using a sushi mat or bamboo placemat (which only costs a few dollars) and an elastic fabric band (less than 1 yard)?
13. Love a certain lipstick color but not feeling a glossy look? It’s actually extremely easy to turn any lipstick into a more matte finish, all while increasing your lipstick’s staying power. Just grab a tissue and place it on your freshly colored lips. Then, apply powder to the tissue. That’s it, you’re done!
Keep those lips kissable by sealing the deal. Swipe on your shade, lay a tissue over your mouth, and apply powder over the tissue. Create a long-lasting matte look in seconds. #MakeItHappen #maybellinenewyork #maybelline #makeuptips #makeuptricks #tipsandtricks #makeup #ready #lips #mattelips #beautiful #beautytricks #boldmakeup #glam #style #makeuplover #curacao #like
14. Exfoliating and maintaining moisturized lips is the key to a good lipstick application. No matter how good the quality of a lipstick, if you’re applying the color to dry, chapped lips the lipstick can only do so much. This beauty secret says to apply lip balm and scrub your lips with a toothbrush, removing dry skin. This should help soften your lips and make it easier to apply your lipstick.
Get softer, smoother lips this winter with our simple #TipThursday beauty hack! Exfoliate your lips with lip balm and a clean toothbrush. This bristles lift away flakes and dry skin, revealing your softest lips. Now you can wear your favourite red lipstick with confidence! Let us know if this #BeautyHack worked for you. Tag @EleganceScuplting and use #EleganceBeautyHack.
15. There are so many hair hacks out there, it’s hard to choose just one! This unique twist (literally) to your ponytail is a great way to dress up a pulled-back look.
16. This beauty hack is a savior! It’s hard not to go through eyeshadow palettes without dropping at least one of them. That dreaded moment when one falls and you’re wishing on everything that the eyeshadows didn’t break inside doesn’t have to be a scary moment any longer! All you need is some Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol that can be found at your local pharmacy) and a spray bottle or dropper. Just smash up your eyeshadow into tiny pieces so it becomes a powder. Then fill that empty spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and spray your eyeshadow with the alcohol. Take a coin (or something similar) that is the right size for your eyeshadow and wrap a tissue around it. Press the tissue-wrapped object into the eyeshadow as hard as you can to pack the powder back together. Hold for about 30 seconds, then gently take it off and let dry. Tip: If you’re repairing a shadow that is part of a palette, make sure to cover the rest of your colors so that they don’t get sprayed with the rubbing alcohol.
17. The highlight is the key to a dewy makeup look. This Instagram user shared an easy hack to make that highlight really pop. All you need to do is apply a liquid highlighter or strobe cream as a base before applying a powdered highlight overtop. A highlight is also an easy way to add to your contour and accentuate your best features. Try applying it down the bridge of your nose, on your cheekbones, over the inner corners of your eyes, onto your brow bone, on top of your cupid’s bow, and/or at the centers of your forehead and chin.
This hack is amazing! – we used @maccosmetics strobe cream as a highlight base to the @tartecosmetics tarteist pro glow to go pallet for the perfect primed blinding highlight #primer #highlights #hacks #glowup #glowingtothegods #love #makeup #makeuphacks #makeupvids #want #maccosmetics #tartecosmetics 💋💋
18. Going to the hairdresser can be expensive and time-consuming, especially when all you need is a trim. Why not use this easy trick to trimming off those split ends? Just wrap a section of your hair in a very tight twist. Any hairs that you see sticking out are fair game!
GETTING RID OF SPLIT ENDS| Tag A Friend 👇🏽 Celebrating my 100 video tutorials on Instagram by going back to where I started🙈🙄 This was the first tutorial that has gone viral that I did. Thank you guys for your constant support and love ❤️ #dubaistyle #glameljammi #dubai #hudabeauty #fakeupfix #allmodernhair #wakeupandmakeup #hair #hairvideo #hairhack #diyvideo #makeupvideo #makegirlz
19. This one might seem a little crazy but could actually save many of you that have a problem with excess sweat! Underarm sweat pads can be placed directly on the underarm or onto clothing in order to prevent sweat stains.
20. Last but not least, if you notice some discoloration or “dark spots” in some areas of your skin this DIY scrub can help lighten those areas right up! All you’ll need is a ground orange peel, yogurt and a spoon for mixing. Mix the ingredients together until they’ve made a paste consistency and then apply to trouble areas!
Orange peel powder! Orange peel powder helps you to get rid of darkness and lightens your hand and feet #beautyhacks #beauty #skincare #beautytips #beautyblogger #hudabeauty #love #norvina e #bodycare #brows #makeupdolls #glamvids #anastasiabrows #f4f #shophudabeauty #beautyvids #dollhousedubai #bblogger